Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Twisted Finster" bracelet

My newest spiral bracelet is done!  I showed you the beginnings of it in my Two-holed spiral success! blog post about three weeks ago.  Now that the Bead&Button Show is over, I was finally able to finish it:


This is using 6/0, 11/0, and 15/0 seed beads and the new two-holed triangles in a technique I came up with to make sure the triangles stand up straight.  They look like shark fins, which is where "Twisted Finster" came from.  It's a play on Twisted Sister of "We're Not Gonna Take It" fame.  I wanted to call it "Sharknado", but I don't want to get sued.

Next up is to make another sample and take process shots so I can write a tutorial.  I'll be including an option for making the spiral a little looser, which should be good for necklaces.

Last night I had trouble sleeping again and came up with a way to spiral using Super Duos.  I did a fair amount of searching online and on Pinterest, but I didn't see anyone doing it the same way.  I have a few "twists" in that technique, too, so check back to see what I'm up to!

Finally, don't forget about my Xuron 4 in 1 Crimper giveaway!  At this point, Carol and her refurbished bench is only entry.  Don't be shy - I want to share what you've been working on!  Click here for all the details on how to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment