Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day cards (a day early)

I usually post about cards made for people on the holiday, but there's something else I want to post tomorrow, so I'm posting the cards today.

A few years ago I picked up the "Pet's Place" stamp set from Taylored Expressions.  Although I liked it, I didn't do anything with it.  I don't know why.  When it came time to make cards for Father's Day, Steve asked me to pull some stamps out so he could make the card for his father, which needed to get it in the mail right away.  His father loves cats and dogs, so I pulled this set out among a few other things.

Father's Day cards are tricky.  I don't have a "Happy Father's Day" stamp, and if I did, I would have used it at least 20 times.  Mother's Day cards are easier.  I have tons of flowers and hearts and all things lovely.  But for men... I don't have much.

Steve chose a few stamps from the Pet's Place set for a unique "Happy Father's Day" message:


In case you can't read it, it says, "You're the cat's meow."  Steve colored the woman to sorta look like me, and the cat is colored to look like our middle cat, Fe.  I guess the paw prints around us are Pixel and Frisco tromping around like they usually do.

Here's the inside of the card:


Steve stamped three paw prints to represent our three cats.

That's it!  It's a cute card that expresses our appreciation for our fathers (we have three of them between us).

1 comment: