Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Meet the Teachers Reception

Hi, all!  I'm home from the Meet the Teachers Reception at the Bead&Button Show.  It was a lot of fun, and it was great seeing old friends and chatting with new people.  I sold a number of kits for the Stitched Saucer bracelet that's in the current BeadStyle Magazine (July 2014) as well as a few of the newest designs, Hera's Seduction earrings and SDN15Keys and my holiday designs were also very popular.  I need to finish up that shop page, I think!

I'm pretty tired and about to fall into bed, but I wanted to share a few pictures with you first.

Here's a look out over the back half of the room:


You can see a bit of the front half in the upper right of that picture.  There was lots more than that.  When the room was full of shoppers, there was quite a buzz!

Here I am:


One of the people I love running into at the B&B Show is Christi Friesen.  I've talked about her before (most recently in my Polymer clay happy accidents post).  I was able to get a few pictures with her.  One was a selfie that was deleted instantly.   Here is the nicest of the bunch:


One made her daughter giggle, and I promised to e-mail it.  The other was in Christi's favorite pose with tongues sticking out, but I seem to be deficient at that and will not post it.  Sorry, Christi.  If you're at the Show, stop by her booth.  She always has fun things going on, and if you can catch her, you'll love her.

Here is Jan Falk, a felting artist who has three classes at the Show:


She's a fellow Loose Bead Society member, and her pieces are so gorgeous.  Funny thing - at a sale we had with the LBS a few years ago, without us realizing it until later, I bought a piece of hers, and she bought a piece of mine!  Good luck in your classes, Jan!

My final picture is of my "next door neighbor" at the reception, Reenie Oliveto from Designs by Reenie.  She sells the Easy Knotter and now the Bracelet Valet, both neat products.  You'll be seeing more from her on this blog, as I shot a few videos of her demonstrating her products.  If you're at the Show, go say hi - when you walk in, she'll be on the right side against the wall.


Her husband is a Rangers fan, and he sacrificed watching last night's game so he could help his wife.  What a great husband!

Speaking of great husbands, I couldn't have done this at all without Steve.  Thank you, honey.  You mean the world to me!

Now I'm off to bed.  I'm going to change up the schedule a bit that I posted yesterday, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment