Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spiral using Super Duos

It seems that when I work with one stitch, more ideas for the same stitch come out of the woodwork.  Most recently it's been the spiral stitch.  Twisted Finster from a few days ago came out of one of the techniques in Riding the Waves, and during another insomniac night, I played around with incorporating Super Duos into a spiral.  I came up with something that's quick to stitch and is adaptable to different thicknesses, even within the same spiral.

Here's a bracelet I made tonight:


Can you see the small section of thicker rope in the middle?  I probably should have made it longer, but I was making it up as I stitched, and I didn't feel like taking out any of what I had previously done.  :)

This bracelet took only about an hour and a half, even with all the hemming and hawing about what I was going to do.  I can see this technique, along with a few other variations I have in mind, being good for a necklace.  Also, I think a thin rope (without any variations) would be a nice compliment to a bezeled cabochon.

Like I mentioned a few days ago, I looked online and don't see anything like this.  Have you?  If so, please post a comment here and let me know so I can check it out.

I'm having some difficulties with my business e-mail, so please hold off on sending your projects for the Xuron giveaway.  I'm currently on hold with my website provider, and hopefully it'll be fixed even before you read this.  I'm not going to hold my breath.  Get those projects ready to send, and I'll let you know when it's safe to do so.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment