Monday, June 16, 2014

Strung purple necklace with drops and iris focal (with matching bracelet!)

I was looking for a quick project today, so I decided it was the perfect time to dig out a few things from last year's Bead&Button Show.

This gorgeous bead came from Grace Lampwork Beads:


You may recognize the flower from their ads in the bead magazines.

These drops came from Unicorne Beads and were a gift in the Bead&Button Show bag:


It's a little hard to tell, but the colors match perfectly.  I was so excited when I discovered that!

I picked out some other beads from my stash to pick up different colors in the focal bead:


I cut a long piece of beading wire and started from the middle.  I centered the drop and strung both wires through the focal and a few smaller beads then started adding beads to one side:


Here's the finished necklace:


The drop likes to move around a little because it's a little bigger than the heart's hole, but that's okay.  It will give me something to fidget with.  I had more than enough beads to make a matching bracelet:


I love them!  I could also make a pair of earrings, but that's not for today.

Naturally, I used my Xuron 4 in 1 Crimping pliers.  Take a look at this beautiful crimp:


If you would also like to make beautiful crimps, you can enter my giveaway!  All you need to do is send me a few pictures and a description of a project you completed recently so I can post it here on my blog.  Click here for all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment