Thursday, June 12, 2014

SDN15 - Dino-spine bracelet #2

I've shown you my "triangle" bracelet before and have mentioned that it's been renamed to "SDN15 - Dino-spine".  SDN15 means "Super Duos 'n 15/0s" and is the starting point for what will eventually be a whole suite of designs.  Right now I have two pairs of earrings, the Dino-spine bracelet, and a pendant to go with the bracelet.  I have a bunch of ideas for more designs based on this same technique, so stay tuned!

I'm going to teach the Dino-spine bracelet at Knot Just Beads some time in July or August, and I need to give a sample to entice folks to sign up.  I know I mentioned this yesterday, but I didn't really say why I was rushing to make a new sample instead of turning in the original.  Simply put, I don't want to give mine up!  Now that I've worn it some and loosened it up a little, it's really comfortable and fun to wear.

I was able to finish the new one tonight:


This bracelet is 2 triangles shorter than my bracelet so it would better fit ladies with non-mutantly-large wrists.  Also, stitching two fewer triangles meant the bracelet was done tonight instead of tomorrow.  :)

Here are the bracelets next to each other so you can see the size difference:


And if that doesn't do it for you:


My wrists are really large.  The good thing about this bracelet is that you can test it on your wrist as you go and keep adding triangles until it fits.

Class submissions for the 2015 Bead&Button Show will be opening soon (yes, I realize the 2014 Show just ended), and I'll be making another of these bracelets in the new colors I bought to turn in.  I'm not giving mine up!

If you're interested in this bracelet or any of the other SDN15 designs, tutorials are available in my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment