Monday, February 3, 2014

Dainty resistor earrings

It's Marketing Monday!  Don't worry - I'll make this quick, then we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming.  For my classes, click the design name for a picture and more information.
  • The Kickstarter campaign for knitCompanion is still going on.  It has quite a ways to go, and they need your help!  Take a look at the campaign for information on that, and click here for information on my promotion - donate $25 or more and get a free beading pattern or tutorial from me!
     
  • Saturday, February 15, 2:00-4:00 - I'm teaching Simple, Stitched, Stylish at Knot Just Beads.
     
  • Sunday, February 16, 9:00-4:00 - Gardens and Gears Steampunk show at Mitchell Park Domes in Milwaukee.
     
  • Wednesday, February 26, 10:30-12:30 - I'm teaching Double Decker Daisy at Knot Just Beads.
     
  • Saturday, March 1, 7:30-10:30 - If you're an LBS member and will be at the Retreat, come take my Stamped Dominoes class!  Click here for a picture and more information.
     
  • Saturday, March 22, 6:00-8:00 - I'm teaching It's Got Legs at the Madison Art Glass and Bead Show.
     
  • Friday, June 6, 5:00-8:00 - I'm teaching Cobblestone Path at the Bead&Button Show.



Today was a busy day.  I had two orders to ship; one of those completely filled a small Priority Mail flat rate box!  When you consider that I shipped beads and keys, that's quite the order!  (Thanks, Karen!)  I still need to e-mail the tutorials after I finish up the Star of David key tutorial.  I also made an appointment to get our taxes done and signed us up for a Settlers of Catan tournament in April.

But the one thing I hadn't done yet was make something and blog.  Steve said in chat, "How about something with resistors? If you don't have any other ideas, of course. Don't mean to push."  Well, I had something else in mind today, so I pulled out a bunch of things and started thinking about what I wanted to do.  That thinking led to wondering if there was a way to add resistors to them since I have 480 to use up.  That wondering led me to playing with them, and I ended up making a pair of earrings with only resistors:



The wire on the resistors is nice to work with - it's soft without being too delicate.  It's not very long, though, so my attempts at wrapped loops (up where the earring wires are) aren't as nice as I'd like them to be.  It was a little difficult to get everything even, but I think they look good.

Since I'm fond of symmetry, I paid attention to where the gold stripes are.  On the earring on the left, it's on the right side of the top resistor and on the left of the bottom one.  It's reversed on the earring on the right.

Resistor count: 476 left.



Here's why it takes me so long to blog some days:


Pixel says, "You're not going to embarrass me in front of your friends again, are you?"  Yes, Pixel.  Yes, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment