Saturday, February 15, 2014

More polymer clay hearts - spikes and dangles

There is a flurry of activity in my studio as I'm getting ready for tomorrow's Gardens and Gears Steampunk Faire at the Mitchell Park Domes.

As promised, I'm going to show you more of the polymer clay hearts I made a few days ago.  Today's post is the ones with spikes and dangles, and tomorrow's will be the rest of the hearts I made.

Here's the first one:


This one is very similar to the purple one I showed you on Thursday.  Fortunately, none of these spikes melted.


After I made the silver heart with the spiky gears hanging off the edge, I liked it so much I made one with black and copper.  I reversed the order of the gears so it wouldn't look exactly the same.

I made two hearts with dangles:


I found little eye hooks in that mixed media section of Michaels jewelry department I keep talking about.  They're just like the ones you put in the wall, but they're so small!  I twisted them in the clay before baking, and they provide a great way to dangle components from the bottom of the hearts.

That's it for today!  Back to work with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment