Sunday, February 23, 2014

Alcohol ink sampler

As you may know, this weekend is the Loose Bead Society spring retreat.  No, it's not spring yet, but we like to dream.  If you knew about the retreat, you also probably know that I'm teaching a stamped dominoes class on Saturday night.  For examples of the dominoes, click here.

I use alcohol inks for the backgrounds on the dominoes, and to prepare for the class I wanted some new colors.  I already had six colors, but I thought some variety would be nice.

When I made more key and gear dominoes for the Gardens and Gears show, I was surprised at how some of the colors looked, so I decided to make a sampler sheet that I could take to classes.  I did a test sheet to decide how I wanted them arranged, and on the final sheet I added little samplers of different colors together so my students could get an idea of how they would look.  It will be a little different on the dominoes but not by much.


While I was doing that, I thought it would be nice to make larger swatches that could be used for cards:



I really like all the colors I chose.  Tomorrow I'll make a card with one of the large swatches so you can see what I plan to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment