Friday, February 21, 2014

Addition to quote book plus attempt at Zentangles

Unfortunately, my cold still has a firm grip on my head and lungs.  I'm still not up to doing much, but I didn't want to skip blogging today.

I've talked about my quote book before, and I thought adding to it tonight would be a good thing to do while lounging on the couch coughing.

I couldn't decide on any stamps or inks or anything, so I decided just to pick one and use large letters that would hopefully look nice:


It looked a lot better in my head.  Then I remembered Zentangles and thought I'd try that.  The basic idea as I understand it is that you do different patterns in different sections on the paper.

I drew a line around the quote:


Then I worked my way around the page.  I didn't take pictures of the process, because it was difficult to hold the iPad and the quote book at the same time.  I was able to do it one more time when I was finished:


No, this isn't a great thing, and it doesn't really look as nice as the Zentangles I've seen online.  It's the best I can do, so it will have to do.  I thought the concept matched the quote, so it works for me.  It reminded me of freeform bead embroidery - I had to figure out what I was going to do for each section and how to fill in various places.

No comments:

Post a Comment