Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Quick flower earrings

The yarn came in today for the baby sweater I'll be testing, so until I'm finished with that most of my posts will be pretty short.  The yarn feels nice, and I'm looking forward to working with it.

Today's quick project is a pair of earrings using the One Step Looper tool:


I've done earrings similar to this, and I think they're really cute.

I have few packs of non-green leaves that I got in various goody bags, and I'm always reluctant to use them.  They're pretty, but they're "not leaves", if that makes sense.  I have been making a conscious effort to use them, and I've been happy with the results.  These leaves range from a fairly dark red to a cloudy pink.  The backs of these leaves are darker, so the look of the earrings will change a bit as the leaves swivel around.

Tomorrow is Steve's birthday, so tomorrow's post will be his birthday card, which I have yet to make.  :)  He's home with pink eye (the non-goopy, probably viral kind) for the rest of the week, so I'll have to sneak around to make his card.  He has a habit of leaving me alone for hours at a time and coming into my studio JUST when I'm about to finish something I didn't want him to see until it was done, like the house section of "My Milwaukee: A Triptych".  I had wanted it to be a surprise.  For his birthday card, I'll have to shut the door on him and confuse the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment