Thursday, April 17, 2014

Possible something possibly becoming a bracelet

If you're new here due to the "Xuron for Jewelers" newsletter, you may want to read yesterday's post.  I give a little introduction to my blog and list a few posts you might want to take a look at (three of them are reviews of Xuron tools).

Today I'm going back to the "Possible something" I've posted about a few times.  If you've missed it, you can catch up here, here, and here.  It's been slow going, but I think I'm getting somewhere.

I've added two triangles since I last showed it to you:

Here's how it looks on my wrist:

It is zigzagging when the curve is stretched out.  Since it's happening naturally, I don't think I have to do any stitching to force it.

Back to the bracelet/bangle debate...  The more I'm working with it, the more I think it won't work as a bangle.  It's not rigid enough to hold its shape.  It looks like it should be rigid, but it twists around between the triangles.  The piece as is curves around my wrist (yes, I do have a wrist, even though it doesn't look like it), so I don't think it would work as a loose piece.  I'm going to have to find someone with a smaller wrist and see how it looks.

The upshot of me abandoning the bangle aspect is that I'll have fewer triangles to stitch.  Yay!

Tomorrow I'll be posting my review of the new Fireline.  I won't write about this bracelet again until it's done or I've decided it doesn't work.  Let's hope it's the former - I really don't like wasting my time, but sometimes that's necessary when designing.

No comments:

Post a Comment