Saturday, April 26, 2014

First Communion card

One of Steve's relatives (a daughter of a cousin) is about to have her first Communion.  We wanted to send her a card, but neither of us is Catholic or knows much about the first Communion traditions or rituals.

Fortunately I had a cross in one of my Cricut cartridges, so I cut a layered cross and put it on a lacy-punched background:


(Steve assures me that the right side is punched straight and that it looks slanted because of perspective.)

For the inside, I wanted to use a stamp from the Stampin' Up! Elegant Greetings set on a white background that we could also write on.  However, when I put the rubber on the wooden block years ago, I put it on crooked.  Argh.  After a number of attempts at stamping it straight, I stamped it on a smaller piece of paper and ripped the edges.  Steve had suggested trimming after stamping, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.  He then suggested ripping the edges, and I thought that was a marvelous idea.

I also wanted to give her a little cross pendant I got from somewhere at some point in time.  I don't know its origins.  I thought this little girl would give it a good home.  I attached it with a bit of wire, and she can easily take it off and put it on a pendant.






I swirled her name to protect her privacy.  :)

It's going in the mail on Monday, and I hope she likes it!

1 comment:

  1. It is truly beautiful! Thank you for this. I know it will mean a lot to her grandmother.
    Sewsoon

    ReplyDelete