Monday, April 21, 2014

Purple trio earrings

Today was another rough day - I've had a really bad headache that just won't go away.  It's a little bit better than earlier, so I have hopes that in a few days I'll be my "normal" self again.

Instead of my usual "I feel like crap so I'm breaking out the One Step Looper for quick earrings", I decided to make some slightly more advanced earrings using wrapped loops.

Years and years ago I picked up these pretty purple glass beads with dainty roses in them.  They came in three shapes:


At first I had wanted to stack them with the cylinder on the bottom, the round one in the middle, and the teardrop on top.  I could do a wrapped loop for the bottom one, but the headpins I have aren't long enough for me to do wrapped loops on either end for the top and middle beads.  Instead of grabbing wire, I opted to stagger the lengths of the headpins:


That picture is a little dark, isn't it?  That was the best of about 15 pictures.  Argh.

I used 11/0 seed beads to add some color and to make sure that the longest headpins would be the same length and the medium-length headpins would be the same length.  If I had tried to eyeball it, the lengths would have been all over the place.

1 comment:

  1. I like them. Hope you're feeling better today. Nothing much to report. I'll have the website up soon.

    ReplyDelete