Friday, April 11, 2014

A possible ... something?

I've mentioned a few times that I've been working on some new designs all around the same theme.  The first and simplest ones were the Waltz Rope and Polka Dot Beaded Beads (free instructions in that link!).  The next "fully flushed out" one is the Captive Crystal (or Hobo Sack if we're being unromantic about it) earrings.

I'm now working on the other variation I mentioned in the Captive Crystal post.  I wasn't able to get a full piece done tonight, but I was able to stitch a proof of concept and the beginnings of what I'm hoping will end up being a bracelet.  It's a double thickness, reversible piece.

Here's what it looks like so far:



It is curving a bit, but I'm hoping that it'll straighten out a little as I go.  Also, I have another trick up my sleeve that should do the trick.

The one thing I've found is that I really have to pay attention so I don't get lost on what is going where.  There tend to be a lot of dangling participles, if you know what I mean.  We were watching TV earlier, and if I took my eye off the piece for too long I ended up doing something wrong.

On the bright side, I haven't thrown my spool of the new Fireline across the room yet.  It's holding up pretty well through all the twists, turns, and unravelings.  I split it once with a needle, but once I got that untangled it was still okay to continue.  I was surprised.  No, this isn't my review - it's a teaser.

I'm hoping to get more of this piece done this weekend, but I do need to get back to knitting.  My left wrist is sore from stitching, and my right "tennis elbow" region is sore from knitting.  I guess I should be glad since I can switch back and forth, but it'd be nice to do what I want to do and not have my soreness dictate it.

But for now, it's probably time for bed.  Good night!





No comments:

Post a Comment