Friday, May 23, 2014

Keys, keys, and more keys!

When I was deciding what kits to bring to the Meet the Teachers Reception at the Bead&Button Show, I knew I wanted to include the "Tubed Key" kits, which consist of one ~2" key and two ~0.75" keys.  I didn't have many silver keys left (I used an awful lot of them for the wire wrapped keys for the Art Glass and Bead Show Make & Take event), and I was on the fence about ordering more or even making more kits with the black and brass ones I had.

I finally got around to tallying up what sold at the Art Glass and Bead Show, and I had quite the change of heart.  I sold a lot of those, along with my "Tubed Key, or Not Tubed Key?" tutorials and holiday patterns.  I placed an order and was very glad that none of the keys were backordered.  That's been a problem in the past, but this time I was lucky!

Today was spent doing catch-up bookkeeping and adding things to my website, so I didn't get anything new done on kit-making or tutorial-writing.  Tonight while we watched X-Men (we're going to watch all of the ones we have before seeing Days of Future Past), I opened and sorted through keys from the order as well as the ones I still had in stock.

Here are some of the black ones:


some of the antique brass ones:


and some of the antique silver ones:


As you can see, there are three styles, so it can get a little complicated, especially since the shaft on each of the styles is just a little bit different.  The holiday keys are designed for a specific style of key, so I need to have a fair amount of each style in each color handy.

Now that they're all separated, my next task is to package them to look like this:


It's not hard, but it's a bit time-consuming.  Steve will cut the cardstock for the background, and I'll stuff and sticker.

The other thing I worked on today was my website's shop page for the keys.  I'm going to have to have separate buttons for each of the holiday pattern PDFs, so it will take me a little while.



I'm afraid that's all I have today.  If you've been working on a project and would like to share with the class, I'd be happy to post about it!  Send them (along with explanations of what it is, any challenges you've faced, or whatever you'd like to talk about) to traci@creative-pursuits.biz.  It would be nice to have something different for my readers while I'm mired in show prep.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment