Monday, March 10, 2014

Productive insomnia and new polka dot beads

My best time for designing seems to be in the wee hours of the night.  I don't know why - maybe it's because the house is quiet.  Maybe it's because I don't feel distracted by any number of things like I do during the day.  Steve would say that it's because my sleep cycle is off, and nights are my best time to work.

Whatever it is, many times if I start experimenting with beads late at night, I come out of it with a new design.  Last night, I hit the jackpot.  If I can get everything to work, that is.  At this point I have two very simple beaded beads designed and a possibility much more.  One is a very simple rope for bracelets or necklaces, and the others are flat variations that start with the same step as the others.

Since I'm not sure what's going to work and what isn't, I'm only going to show you the beaded beads.  I'm calling them "Polka dot beads" because they're all in threes and they're quick to make.  (If that doesn't make sense, check this wikiHow video out.)

Everything I made is with Super Duos and either 11/0 or 15/0 seed beads.  Super simple but cute (I hope)!

Here are the smallest beaded beads (15/0 seeds are on the left and 11/0s are on the right):


Here are the two larger beads:


The 15/0s look tighter, but if I use the 11/0s I can put a headpin through them:


That's all the time I have today.  I got sick of only being able to work in a 6"x6" area (again), so I've been cleaning off my desk.  More on this tomorrow if I'm successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment