Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Brick stitch bracelet

Anyone who has read this blog at all in the last few months will remember that I'm leading the hands-on program for the Loose Bead Society.  That's coming up in just a few weeks, and I'm busy writing the instructions and drawing charts.

Remember the early sample using the blue beads and the small drop beads?  I showed the first earring here and the second one here.  Here they are together, as they should be:


While the kits will contain Rizos instead of the drop beads, I really liked how these colors look together.  It's mostly blue, but there's a bit of purple thrown in.

I also like how easy brick stitch is for increasing and decreasing, so I wanted to see if repeating the motif would look good in a bracelet:


Yes!  It's cute!  It would need some adjusting at the ends for length.  The one shown is a little too small for me, but if I added a few small "diamonds" to each end - a row of 3, a row of 2, a row of 3, a row of 2 - that would increase the length and still keep the look of the rest of the bracelet.  The best part about that is that you don't have to figure it out ahead of time.  The ends can be adjusted after the bulk of the bracelet is done.



Thanks to everyone who has clicked on my ads.  Keep clicking (but only on things you're interested in, of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment