Tuesday, March 18, 2014

New Quadrille sample

When I was at the LBS retreat at the beginning of the month, I started a purple version of my Quadrille design:


I really loved the colors, but as you can see, I didn't have enough beads to finish the bracelet (in my size, that is).  I wanted this to be one of the colorways for my kits, but I couldn't find the 4mm beads that are in the curves in bulk.  Instead, I ordered some really pretty medium amethyst AB Thunder Polish crystals.

When they came in, I wasn't sure if they would look good with the other beads.  Tonight, I made a bracelet to see how they look:


They're a little subtle, but I think they're pretty.

In case you're wondering if I made the whole bracelet this time:


One reason I made the bracelet was to test the colors.  Other reasons include: purple (duh!), testing that my kits will have enough materials and Fireline, going over the tutorial another time, and so I had something to blog about tonight.  :)

Tomorrow I'm going to make earrings and samples of all the colorways.

The Madison Art Glass and Bead Show is in just a few days!  I sent out a newsletter about my involvement in the show and my other upcoming events.  Did you get it?  If not, click here to catch up on all the action (including where I'm teaching the above bracelet!), and click here to get on my mailing list.



No comments:

Post a Comment