Saturday, April 19, 2014

Conceptual Easter egg

Happy day before Easter!  When I was trying to decide what to blog about (because I haven't finished the triangle bracelet yet), I wondered if I could come up with something Easter related.

I thought an Easter egg might be possible, so I started digging through my Super Duos.  I thought if I made Polka Dot beaded beads with cream on the ends and pastel blue in the middle, it might look like a partially dyed egg.  I started stitching, and with just the blue it didn't really look like an egg.  I added a stripe of purple and finished it up, and...


Hmm.  No.  Maybe if it was turned and on a different background?


Still no.  Steve said, "If you know it's an Easter egg, it looks like an Easter egg, but otherwise it doesn't."

I've left the thread on there because I'm not sure if I'm going to cut it apart or hang it from an earring wire.

One thing I learned is that using Delicas on the ends makes the openings too small to put a headpin through.

What do you think?  Post a comment here and tell me if it does or doesn't look like an Easter egg.  Its fate rests it your hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment