Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Another Ever-Evolving Spiral bracelet

Yes, I know I've posted a lot about my Ever-Evolving Spiral design (here, here, here, and a little bit here), but I had to make another bracelet for a class sample, so you get to look at it again.  :)  This one is for Knot Just Beads, and I'll be teaching it in November or December.  I'll post the date when it's been set.

I do have another colorway that I could have dropped off:


This is called "Fire and Sand".  Steve named it.  Coming up with colorway names is hard, and I appreciate all the help I get!  This is the one that about made me lose my mind because the 8/0 seed beads are smaller than the ones in my other samples.

Anyway - I could have dropped off that bracelet, but Kim from Knot Just Beads helped me pick out the "Fiesta" colors I showed you in the B&B Show class submission post.  I thought it would be nice to give her a sample with the colors she chose.  Since Kalmbach has my other Fiesta pieces, I whipped up another bracelet last night:

It's so quick to stitch - it's a nice break from some of my other designs (such as SDN15 - Dino-spine and SDN15 - Intertwined Pyramids that you can see here).

While I'm here, I thought I'd take the opportunity to show you a picture from the design's tutorial that compares all the different widths of this technique:


The changes between thicknesses are really subtle in the piece but a lot more pronounced in that picture.

I really like this technique and am looking forward to continued experiments with color and transitions!


No comments:

Post a Comment