Saturday, September 27, 2014

Perfectly matched Ever-Evolving Spiral

I hope you're not sick of the Ever-Evolving Spiral I keep blogging about.  I'm not!  I'm playing with colors and the different thicknesses, and I don't think I can ever get bored of it.

Recently I bought a whole bunch of beads to match a top that needed the perfect jewelry, but that turned out to be more difficult than I thought it was going to be.  I'll show you that and give you a new tongue twister on Tuesday.

I got so frustrated with that project that I thought I'd take a shot at matching another top of mine that needed a necklace:


The sleeves are really long, so I don't need a bracelet.  The neckline is a V, but it's not very deep, so I wanted something that would be thin.  I decided to stitch an Ever-Evolving Spiral using just the first thickness.

I went searching for beads to match, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had the perfect gray, purple, and blue-green/teal/whatever it is (let's call it teal).  I didn't have a good pink for the little spots of it on the top, but that's okay.

Here's the resulting necklace:


I didn't have the perfect color for the core, but a lavender does the job nicely.  Most of the spirals have purple in them, but after every ten I put a splash of the teal.  I got lucky with both the purple and teal beads, finding them in the last few months at various bead society events.

Okay, so we know it's a pretty necklace, but how does it match the top?


Wait, is the necklace there or isn't it?  :)

And here it is on me:


I think it's a great accessory - it complements the top but doesn't overpower the neckline.  I think it'll be versatile, too.  I'm wearing a solid lavender sweater today with a round scoopy neckline.  I'm going to wear the necklace even though there are those spots of teal.

Well, we have my mother's dog while they're on vacation, and she's making noises at me.  I don't know what she wants (it's probably water - I really wish she'd drink on her own), and she's blocking my screen, so I should go.  Come back Tuesday to see that color dilemma and how I solved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment