Friday, May 9, 2014

I'm "Riding the Waves"!

Yesterday I gave a very short teaser on my upcoming "Riding the Waves" necklace, because that's all I was capable of.

Today I feel somewhat better, and I was able to get a lot of work done.  The picture I'm about to show you doesn't look like I got a lot done, but I really did.  I figured out what beads I'm going to use, how many of each, and the order they'll be used (this was quite a feat as I screwed up the first time and got myself thoroughly confused).  I determined how many kits I'm going to make (ten with the option of a few more if demand is high), and I took a lot of notes and pictures for the tutorial.

Then I finally started stitching, taking more notes and pictures for the tutorial.  Then I ripped it out because the 13/0 Charlottes were going through the holes of the 6/0 seed beads I'm using for the core, and that made it difficult to get the needle through on later passes.  I deleted those pictures and revised my notes and started over.  Fortunately I hadn't gotten very far.

Here it is at about 4":


I'm hoping it looks like waves with fish and a few other objects swimming/floating along.  What do you think?  Leave me a comment and let me know, please!

Tomorrow's task is to keep stitching and hopefully finish the necklace.  Now that I have everything all organized, it should be a breeze.



As promised, I have a picture of Pixel being cute.  If you missed the other two cats, scroll down to the bottom of this post to see Fe and this one to see Frisco.

This picture of Pixel was taken about a half an hour or so after he somehow got spooked while jumping onto my desk from my lap, ripping holes in my calendar, my neck, and my arm:


Ah, how can I stay mad with that tummy just begging to be rubbed?  (For the record, I didn't get mad in the first place.  I was just baffled at what spooked him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment