Saturday, March 29, 2014

Upcoming knitting projects

The deadline for my Iliad-inspired earring challenge is fast approaching!  You have until 3/31/2014 at 11:59:59p to send me your pictures.  Click the above link for all of the information.  Remember... there's a $25 bead gift certificate for the winner!



I am 2/3 of the way done with that "Cobblestone Path" bracelet I've been talking about since packing for the LBS retreat.  I was hoping to finish it this afternoon to show you, but a nap occurred.  I should be able to show it to you tomorrow.



So since I have nothing finished to blog about, I'm going to tell you of a few upcoming projects I'll be starting soon.

The first one is a baby sweater by the same designer as the Owl and Pussy Cat baby hat I showed you at the beginning of the year.  I'm on her testing group now, so this baby sweater is newer than new.  It will be exciting to test the pattern out and give my feedback.  You might recall the designer is from South Africa, and this sweater is inspired by their Baobab trees (the second picture on that page is closer to what the sweater will look like).  When I'm done with the sweater I'll post about it.  I'm also getting a new kind of KnitPicks yarn, so I'll be sure to review it.

The second project is for Steve.  I made the mistake of asking him last night what he wants for his birthday, which is next week.  He said that what he wanted could be done by next winter... A Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) scarf!




I lifted the picture from the Wertzone.

As soon as Steve said that, I groaned.  First of all: scarf.  Scarves take forever.  Second of all, this scarf will take five forevers, as even the short version is really long.  Finally, though, I agreed to make it as long as we can find a suitable pattern.

Then just as I was starting to blog today, Steve pops his head in and says, "The scarf can be for Christmas.  I just thought of something else I'd like for my birthday."  He's lucky I wasn't holding any knitting needles.

I haven't forgotten that I still need to finish the damnable hooded cardigan.  I'll be a very busy knitter this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment