Monday, March 31, 2014

Cobblestone Path in funky colors

The deadline for my Iliad-inspired earring challenge is tonight at 11:59:59p.  I have not received any entries, so if you've made something, send your picture to traci@creative-pursuits.biz right away.  I'll leave the challenge open until I blog tomorrow.  That will likely be before 5p Central, so don't delay.  Click the above link for all of the information.  Remember... there's a $25 bead gift certificate for the winner!



Tonight I finally finished the "Cobblestone Path" bracelet I've been telling you about.  When I'm not distracted by TV or knots in the thread, it takes me about six hours.  Most of the colors I chose for this bracelet have a metallic iris finish.  The color of the 6mm Thunder Polish crystals is Mexican Blue AB, and the Rizos are called Lime Azuro.

It's really hard to take a good picture of this bracelet - the subtleties of the colors get lost.  Here's the full bracelet:


And here's a close-up shot:


The green Rizos may seem like an odd choice, but you can see coating on the fourth one on the top and the last full one on the bottom matches the other beads.  Also, in person at some angles the crystals have a bit of a greenish tinge.

I'm so pleased with how this bracelet turned out, and I'm glad that I took the time to finally make it.  Now let's hope someone will want to buy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment