Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mixed bead wire-wrapped key

The Madison Art Glass and Bead Show is in two weeks!  Along with having a table selling my wares and teaching a class, I'm also participating in the make 'n take event on the show's Friday night.  This year my project is a wire-wrapped key using a number of different sizes of seed beads.  I bought some seed bead mixes from the Loose Bead Society in reds, blues, and greens/yellows.  

Tonight I sat down with a key, some wire, and one bag of the red mixed beads.  I took notes as I did the bail and the main part of the key, so I'm in good shape for writing up directions for the event.

Here's the key as it would look hanging from a necklace:


Here it is turned on its side so you can see the bail:


Along with examples like the above key, I'm also going to have examples of my stitched keys out.  It's a fun and easy project, and I hope the participants will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment