Monday, January 20, 2014

Sun vinyl decal

I named my blog "Mix Me Up!" because I like to dabble in a bunch of different crafts.  That's also why I named my business "Creative Pursuits"; it doesn't tie me down to a specific product.  In addition to finished jewelry, kits, and tutorials, I also sell vinyl decals and magnets.  I use my Cricut to cut out the shapes, and for the decals I include transfer paper and instructions.  I discussed this technique in the Our "new" kitchen post.

Yesterday I got an order for a yellow sun decal.  I thought I had one cut, but I didn't.  I knew I had very little yellow vinyl remaining, and I got nervous that it would be too small or that the cut wouldn't work.  I have problems with that sometimes.  I had two sheets about 3.5" x 3.75", and the sun is ~2" x 2".  Another challenge was that one of the sheets had a small square cut out from when I made my decal board to show the shapes I carry and the available colors:


I used my Gypsy to plan out where the shape would go (click here if you'd like to see the Gypsy in action from when I put decals all over my toolbox).  I found I could cut two suns out of the same sheet, which ties in beautifully with the time-saving technique I discussed yesterday.

Here's one of the suns and what the vinyl sheet looked like after cutting.  The other is on its way to the customer:


If you're interested in any of the decals I offer, you can e-mail me at traci@creative-pursuits.biz for more information.  Let me know which shape and which color, and I'll let you know how much it is (either $2 or $3 for the shapes shown above).  If you'd like something else, let me know that, and I'll see if I can cut it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment