Saturday, February 8, 2014

Quick "magnifying glass" earrings

My posts the last few days have been pretty long, so today will be very quick.  If you missed yesterday's post, Battle of the Split Ring Pliers, it's probably because I posted very late last night, and I'm posting much earlier today.  Please click that link and check it out.  You won't be disappointed.

When I showed you the brightly colored gear and key earrings, I mentioned that Michaels had a mixed media section of the jewelry department.  The first time I went through, I saw these little charms that looked like magnifying glasses, but I didn't pick them up because I was buying way too much stuff already.  On this last trip to Michaels, however, they were on clearance, so I brought a package home.  Naturally.  You can't argue with a 62% or so savings!

They may look like magnifying glasses, but they're really not.  That's too bad, because that would be really cool.  If you ever find these and get some, know that there are little protective layers over the glass that you have to peel off.

I did nothing special for today's earrings.  Since I'm now very fond of split rings, I threaded the charms through them and hung them on earring wires.  The hole is just small enough on the charms' handles that the 6mm split rings barely fit.  I'm fine with that, because I wouldn't want the charms to wiggle around.

Here they are:


That's it for me today.  Have a happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. These are cute and well done! But what I am really loving is your story. I wish you all the luck in saying goodbye to that programming career.

    ReplyDelete