Monday, February 10, 2014

A little enameling

About a year and a half ago I posted about my first enameling attempts.  If you missed that, click here to catch up.  Since then and before today, I have enameled only once more.  That was last summer, I think, with my friend Michelle, and we didn't take any pictures.

Needless to say, I'm still very much an amateur when it comes to enameling, so I'm not going to give any tips or tricks like I usually do.  There is plenty of information online, and I'm sure there are many great books on the subject.

What I am going to do is to show you the results of today's labor:


It's hard to take pictures of shiny objects.  Anyway - this picture is of the pieces that didn't work very well.  The green gear was supposed to match the one I posted about before, but it didn't work out.  The little lock has a big glob of enamel, and the coverage on the black gear isn't the best.

Here's a picture of the pieces that did work:


I have specific plans for each of the "good" pieces.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll have something to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment