Friday, April 16, 2010

What I have been pondering lately...

I was talking to a new friend last week about how she transitioned to a career in jewelry making, designing, and teaching.  I have done this a few times to give me some ideas on what I could do with my career - how can find something that I love where I can also be creative?  She gave me a lot of good things to think about, and she mentioned that it would be great if I could mix my technical knowledge with my creativity.

We also talked about her website - how out of date it was and how someone had hacked into it and put links to, uh, non-jewelry related pages (we'll leave it at that).  I offered to look at the source for her, and later that day something clicked in my head - there must be a number of creative people just like her who don't have the time and/or the expertise to build a website and keep it updated!

I thought a lot about it and have talked to pretty much everyone.  If I haven't talked to you about it, don't worry - I'm sure you're on my list!  :)  I have researched and researched and researched some more.  The more I think about it, the more I really want to do this.  I have a name for my business already - Creative Pursuits Web Design - and I'm taking a class next week that will tell me everything I need to know to get things started.

Why am I limiting myself to creative folks?  I understand them because I am one!  I will be able to take each client's personality and make a page that reflects their creativity and their craft.

I know I'll still need to get another job so I have steady money coming in, but I will really enjoy the day when I can work on websites all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment