Thursday, July 1, 2010

A challenge and a CONTEST!

My web design company has gotten its first client, so I've been busy getting all my ducks in a row and starting on the site.  I don't have anything new to show you at this point (I probably will tomorrow, though!), so I was looking through pictures of stuff I've done in the past.

A number of years ago there was an article in "Creating Keepsakes" from Ali Edwards in which she created a layout listing 100 things that made her happy, which was inspired by someone else.  Here's a scan of the magazine page (Sorry - I don't remember which issue it was, but if you need more information, let me know, and I'll dig it up):


This was an inspiration for me, so in September of 2006 I created my own "100 Happy Things" layout:


I'm probably due for a new layout.  The guy I was dating at the time is SO history I don't even remember his last name (my mother probably does, though!), and many other things have changed.

So my challenge is... create a "100 happy things" scrapbook layout and send me pictures at traciotte@att.net.  Let's put a deadline on this of September 1st, 2010.

I'll even make this a contest!  I will put names of all who enter in a hat and draw one on September 2nd.  You will have your choice of prizes made by yours truly in the color(s) you choose:  A beaded stylus holder for your Gypsy or other stylus (one with a hole that will accommodate a clip), a badge holder with one of those squarish grabby clips, a necklace, or a bracelet.  If none of those floats your boat, we can discuss something that will float your boat.

I can hear some of you now:  "But Traci, I don't scrap!"  Well, I have an answer for you!  Come up with your 100 things and write them down, making it look kinda pretty.  The point here is that we each think through the good things in our life and come up with 100 (or more!) of them.

This will be good practice for me, and it probably will be good for you, too.

I'm game - are you?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun; I'm game. Which BF was that?
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Dawn! That was Rick, the one with the 4 cats who lived in one of the Round Lakes (I can't keep those towns straight).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see my little Ozzy on there! And Schmeeglepoofin too! :) That makes ME happy!

    ReplyDelete