Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Whew! Finally finished!

You know that green tubular peyote necklace I've been talking about?  Well, some of you are new readers, so you probably don't know.  I've been working on a necklace to go with my first beaded bezel (referenced in this blog post here).

Well, I finally finished the necklace!  It could have been a bit longer, but I gotta tell you... I was so sick of doing it!  If I lose weight, the necklace will end up longer.  I get chided all the time for saying I have a fat neck, but when you're beading a necklace every fat cell seems to count!  :)

Here's a close up of part of the necklace and the bail:


If you're staring at the bail trying to figure out what I did... it's "odd count" peyote with two beads for the middle instead of one.  Since the darker beads are so much smaller than the green beads, there was too much flopping about (that's the technical term, you know) of the middle bead, so I added another.  I think it turned out quite well, especially since I had no idea what I was doing and didn't feel like getting up to find a book or magazine to look odd count peyote up.  Yeah, I know, if I had gotten up and looked for a book, that would have burned off a few fat cells, and the necklace would hang lower.  Don't remind me!

Here's a picture of me with the necklace so you can get a sense of how short it is:


The shelf above my desk is the perfect height for self portraits!  Who knew?  Just turn on the timer and go!  Of course, I didn't realize I had something in my teeth for the first go-round, and Simoon was wandering around my desk for the second set.  Scoot back a bit to reduce flash glare on the glasses, shoo the cat off of the desk, and voila!  Beauteous picture.

I'd like to thank Cindy Collins not only for teaching me how to bezel but also for giving me this gorgeous polymer clay piece to work with!

2 comments:

  1. That's a super pretty necklace. You're very talented!

    Julieta in CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julieta! I don't know if I'm all that talented - just a bit patient, maybe - but thank you!

    ReplyDelete