Monday, February 18, 2013

Upcoming bead show classes

Hi, all!  Before we get into my upcoming classes, I want to remind you that I have a contest for free Zinio magazine subscriptions going on.  You can read the whole thing at the bottom of my Can't leave well enough alone post from last week.  The gist of it is:
Since I'm always yammering on about my studio, and since we had a whole presentation on studio and bead organization at our last Loose Bead Society meeting, I want to see YOUR workspace.  Whether you have a full room like I'm lucky to have, a corner of the bedroom, a shelf or two in a closet, some shelves in the dining room, or a basket of yarn by the couch, I want to see it.  E-mail me at traci@creative-pursuits.biz and send me a picture or three of your area - where you store things and/or where you work - with a description of your space and the types of craft(s) you do.  Tell me what you like and what you don't like about your space.  Also give me your full name, your e-mail address, and which magazine subscription you'd like.  I will post everyone's entries (without the full name and e-mail address, of course), and if I happen to get more than 9 entries, I will draw names out of a hat.  I'm sure I have a hat around somewhere.

The deadline for the contest will be Wednesday, February 20th at 8:00 pm Central time. (see update below)  That should give you all plenty of time to clean things up a bit and to get me your pictures.
So far I have only received TWO entries!  That means there are seven more magazine subscriptions up for grabs.  Grab your cameras (or smart phones or tablets with cameras) and snap a pic or two of your space.  Don't forget to look at the available magazines on the Zinio website and let me know which one you want.

Update:  As of today (2/22/2013 at 11:19a CST), I only have three entries.  Since they got in before the deadline, they automatically get free subscriptions.  I am going to keep the contest going for another week, so you now have until Wednesday, February 27th at 8:00 pm Central time to get me your pictures and enter the contest!




Did you know that I'm going to be teaching classes at two bead shows in 2013?

The first one is the Madison Art Glass and Bead Show in Madison, Wisconsin held at the end of March.  The show itself is March 23-24, and I'm going to have a table there selling kits and tutorials of my designs as well as some supplies.  Classes start on March 22nd, and I'm going to teach my "Double Decker Daisy" design that day:


This bracelet uses twin seed beads (or Super Duos), 8/0 seed beads, 15/0 seed beads, 6mm fire-polish or bicone crystals, and daggers.  This is a good introduction to the twin seed beads and how to add height to your projects.  I have a number of color choices available.  Click here for all of the information and to sign up.


The second bead show class I'm teaching is at the Bead&Button Show.  It's held at the beginning of June in Milwaukee, WI.  I'll have a table at the Meet the Teachers event on Wednesday, June 5th, and my "Tubed Key, or Not Tubed Key" class is Sunday, June 9th:


This class teaches how to make embellished peyote tubes that can be used to wrap around keys or to use as elements in a necklace or bracelet.  You can choose your own colors and how elaborate you want your necklace to be.  The kit comes with two large keys and four matching mini keys for earrings.  Here's a close up picture of the earrings:


They're so cute!  Click here for all of the information and to sign up.


I hope to see you in my classes or at my tables at either show (or both)!  If you know anyone who might be interested, please share this blog post with them.  Better yet, share it on Facebook and/or Pinterest - the more the merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment