Thursday, July 3, 2014

"Guest" post - Tante Inge's embroidered table accents

I don't know if this can be counted as a guest post since I have no descriptions from the creator of today's projects.  As I mentioned in my family get together post, my aunt (Inge, or as I call her, Tante Inge) sent my mother and me table accent cloths that she embroidered and cross stitched.

I'm calling them table accents because they're not large enough to be tablecloths.  I think they're like table runners but square.

Here is Mom opening hers:


That look is, "What did you do?  You shouldn't have!"

Mom received a beautiful Christmas cloth.  It's hard to take a picture of the whole thing, but my stepfather did a good job:


Here are a few detail shots:




That will look beautiful on their dining room table with a pretty evergreen and poinsettia centerpiece on top. 

My aunt will be turning 80 in August.  I sure hope I'm still making beautiful things when I'm her age!

Here I am opening my cloth:


Tante Inge made me an all-season cloth with butterflies in four colors that go perfectly in our peach dining room.  Here it is on our round table with Fe grooming herself in approval:


Like I said, it's very hard to get a picture of the whole thing including the detail.  Here's a picture of one part of it as it was draped on the back of my office chair:


And here is a close-up of one of the butterflies:


Thank you so much, Tante Inge, for sending us these gorgeous cloths!  We love and miss you very much and hope to see you soon.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love these! Now I know where you get your creative talent! - Xuron Abby

    ReplyDelete