Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Review: The Knitting Answer Book

This is going to be the quickest and possibly shortest blog post I've ever written.  I'm going into Chicago to see my mother in the hospital and later to a memorial service for a friend, and I'm already an hour past when I wanted to leave.  The first book is The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face, Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask) by Margaret Radcliffe.  I need to do more of these so I have more quick posts!

Here's the review I wrote on Amazon:
I saw this book in a craft store but couldn't afford the full price. It wasn't much, but we just couldn't afford it. A month or so later the Kindle version was on sale, and I couldn't pass it up. I'm so, so glad I got this book - especially the electronic version.

I'm a fairly new knitter and have had numerous questions. I needed help with colorwork and the Duplicate Stitch. This book helped me out! I would like one or two more charts for the Kitchener Stitch, but it seems very complicated, so I'm supplementing with videos on YouTube. I'm left-handed, so I frequently need extra help.

The reason I like the Kindle version so much is that the table of contents and the index are clickable, and the search function makes finding a topic very easy. I use the Kindle app on my iPad, so this book is always nearby. It doesn't take up any physical space, and it never gets dusty.

It's a must have for your knitting reference needs! 



Here's a bonus review for a free Kindle short story I found when I was looking for help on insomnia: The Allnighter by Stuart Connelly:
I found this story while searching for insomnia books. I knew it was fiction but was intrigued by the title and description. The writing and the story both were really good. Those of us with insomnia know how lack of sleep can make one irritable, and this story takes that to a whole other level. I think I'm going to go back to bed now and try (again) to sleep.

I'm looking forward to trying more of what this author has written!

No comments:

Post a Comment