Monday, May 9, 2011

Car Decor

When I was a teenager my uncle owned a store called "Wal-Decor".  They sold paint, wallpaper, and all kinds of things to decor your walls.  My aunt and my mother worked there, and that is where Mom met John.  He worked as a painter/paper hanger with my uncle.  You'd think that some of that knowledge would have seeped into me, but I'm a very sucky painter, and I would never think of attempting to wallpaper anything.  However, I am good at putting other decorating touches onto things, as I've discussed in blog posts about stamping, my tool box, and our "new" kitchen.

When I got my new car a few weeks ago, I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to find it in the parking lot.  I've had Saturns for years and years, and I was worried I wouldn't know to look for a differently-shaped, differently-colored car.  Besides, the body of the car is metal, and after years and years of having plastic-bodied cars, I was itching to throw a magnet on it.

This is what I came up with:



Here I am with the car at Easter:


I love the look, even if my husband isn't too crazy about it, and my friends think the flowers are cute, too!  I have added the flowers to my Etsy shop so others can "Flower Power" their own cars.  Don't worry - this blog won't turn into Etsy-advertisement-central.  I just wanted to show off my new car and my cute flowers!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute!! Sorry I haven't stopped by sooner. How is your Mom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are numerous kind of method to decorate your car but in this blog blogger shared some interesting thing I think which is must be applicable.

    ReplyDelete